We are very lucky to have the Twinlakes Theme Park on our doorstep near Melton Mowbray, a fabulous fun day out for the whole family. The difficulty I have is containing my excitement about this place, it has so much to offer and I could talk all day about it, however I shall try to keep it to the point!
If you enjoy water? a brand new outdoor water & slide extravaganza, pedal boats, Log Flume and the motorized ring bumper boats.
If you have little tots? There is a fantastic Prairie Pete’s mini village complete with bank, church & school, mini go karts, teacup carousel, Hot air balloon ferris wheel, mini pirate ship and soft play areas designated exclusively for little ones.
If you enjoy being active? There is an outdoor assault course for 2 people to race against each other, go karts, outdoor sledge run, huge indoor soft play area, indoor ice skating and a mirror maze.
If you like exciting rides? Try the Buffalo Stampede Roller Coaster, Bumpy Cars, Spinning Acorns, flying rockets and there are lots of aerial slides to speed your way down for starters!
For those that like animals? Red Rooster farm has everything you will want with larger farm animals in the barn and the smaller pet-like animals around the corner from fluffy bunnies to marmosets, from tiny mice to chirping chicks hatching. This area also boasts regular feeding and show times. You need to be braver to go into the Creepy Critters area where you can see snakes, lizards and other reptiles. For those that prefer aerial drama, the birds of prey show is thoroughly recommended, very dramatic!
Well I probably still haven’t done it justice but hopefully have caught your imagination enough to encourage you to visit their website www.twinlakes.co.uk
A few practical pointers to finish:-
• They have full access and facilities for those with prams and limited mobility
• Their prices vary according to height and time of year – under 95cm tall go free
• They offer annual passes which are fantastic value if you live locally £44.49 currently over 104cm child or adult
• You will receive a map & list of activities through the day as you enter the site
• Parking is free
• They have various special events throughout the year including visits from famous characters, Easter bunny, Halloween fright nights, Bonfire night and Christmas linked activities. Take a look on their website for more details
• They have eateries onsite with card payment accepted in just one of the barns
SPECIAL OFFER! If you buy your tickets online it is worth mentioning that there is 20% off a winter* day ticket at the moment making it £8.79 per 104cm+ child or adult. Also if you are buying an annual pass, you can currently get 13 months for the price of 12 online.
|Adult/Child (108cm +)
|Senior Citizen (60+ years)
|Special Needs Adult/Child (108cm+) and 1 helper
|Special Needs Toddler (95-108cm) and 1 helper
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.